Thursday, November 7, 2013

My Last Day as a Teenager

To the rest of the world, tomorrow is a normal Friday. To me, it is the day that I will no longer classify myself as a teenager, but as a girl on her way into the real world. Yes, I will be two decades old. Like what? Where has the time gone? In some ways, I still feel like a kid, but in others, I can see how I have matured and grown over the years. As a kid, 20 years seems so far away. I never realized how much I've experienced until right now. There are so many milestones I have accomplished. Preschool, lower school, middle school (gross), high school, driver's license, breakups, makeups, oh and graduation. Well, here I am today, in my Sophomore year of college, feeling like my life has flashed before my eyes. I have overcome many obstacles that I feel have shaped me into the person I am today. I have learned three pieces of advice from all 19 years and 364 days of my life that I plan to continue forever:
   
      1.) Live life to the fullest (without being dumb, of course).
      2.) There is a bright side to everything, so seek it out.
      3.) Cherish the memories you create with everyone; they will be worth it someday.

You probably could care less about my advice, but it has helped me, so I felt compelled to share it with you. If you strive to attain one of these three little tokens of knowledge daily, you will live a happier life and be better prepared for what life throws your way.

Well, that's all I have for tonight. It's time to take my grandma self to bed.

Until next time, stay Yankee Doodle dandy!


Quite the change. Wouldn't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment