Thursday, December 19, 2013

Casually Spending the Night in the Wilderness

A little known fact about me is that I do not like being outside. This past weekend, my friends decided it would be fun to go camping. Granted, we were staying in a camper, but for me, it was too close for comfort to the outdoors. The whole week before the trip, I had recurring fears of getting lost in the woods or eaten by a bear, causing me to rethink the entire trip. Finally, I realized that good or bad, I was with some of my best friends, so it would all be ok, and if we died, at least we would die together. Am I dramatic? Yes. Do I care? Not particularly.

When the day came to pack up and leave, it was pouring. To me, that wasn't a good omen to start off the trip that I was leery about to begin with. We got to the camper around 7, and decided to make some chili. By that time, the rain had thankfully stopped. Once the chili was done, we ate it outside and started a fire, which I had never done before. When we went back inside, we played Quelf (which I lost at terribly) then got into our beds. Molly, Emmy, and I watched The Devil Wears Prada, a classic, of course. Suddenly, a piercing alarm starting blaring inside the camper. None of us knew how or why it was going off. After many failed attempts, we called in reinforcements, and the alarm stopped for a while, only to return later on in the evening. Though this alarm kept us awake for a while, we eventually all went to sleep. The next morning, we made a giant blueberry pastry (which was delicious), took some really cool pictures (which I will post below), packed up, and went home. Overall, it was definitely not what I was expecting.

I am thankful for my friends for sharing this trip with me, and convincing me that it would be worth it. I'm glad I experienced this, but I don't know how soon I would be willing to go back and do it again. 

Until next time, stay Yankee Doodle dandy!


We built a campfire! Is that the correct phrasing? "Built a campfire?" I don't know. I'm indoorsy, I told you.

Eating breakfast inside the camper

Proof that I did in fact enter the camper

Reppin' Alpha Gamma Delta all day every day


No comments:

Post a Comment